About SD Carry

As a young boy in Texas, I grew up with guns. They were basic tools, much like my grandfather's mitre box or pipe wrench, there to perform specific tasks when called upon. I was taught gun safety by virtually every male adult in my family. I spent eight years in the US Navy operating and maintaing various guns from .30 caliber to 5" rifles.

After a few years as a moderator on a popular gun forum, I learned that there is much disinformation, prejudice and plain ignorance about guns posted constantly on the internet.

This blog is dedicated to sharing worthwhile information about the increasing acceptance and practice of legal concealed carry in our country. There is much mis-information and wild opinion about this topic among its practitioners and the public in general. The moral, social and legal responsibilities of concealed carry are immense and must be understood and practiced by all who legally carry a gun.

There is also a vast amount of practical and useful information about carrying and the weapons themselves and I hope to be able to share some of that here. Your comments are welcome, but will be moderated by me before appearing on this blog.

Stay safe.

Other Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Holster Evaluations

I have two Old Faithful IWB holster kits for the LCP and the LC9 on order. I plan to assemble them and use them for a few weeks and review my results on the Elsie Pea Forum http://www.Elsiepeaforum.com. The objective is to compare these to the Crossbreed, and similarly designed hybrid holsters which cost considerably more than the Old Faithful versions, especially when purchased as a kit and assembled by the user.
These are tuckable holsters and made to be comfortable. The maker claims they are also made with superior components than those used by other makers. More on all this after they have arrived.
I am searching for IWB holsters that can be worn all day in various situations with comfort, security and excellent access, especially in the cross draw or appendix carry positions. I think these two options for concealed carry are the all around best for concealment and access in most situations, especially given the fact that most of us spend the majority of the day seated, whether in a car or a chair somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment