About SD Carry

As a young boy in Texas, I grew up with guns. They were basic tools, much like my grandfather's mitre box or pipe wrench, there to perform specific tasks when called upon. I was taught gun safety by virtually every male adult in my family. I spent eight years in the US Navy operating and maintaing various guns from .30 caliber to 5" rifles.

After a few years as a moderator on a popular gun forum, I learned that there is much disinformation, prejudice and plain ignorance about guns posted constantly on the internet.

This blog is dedicated to sharing worthwhile information about the increasing acceptance and practice of legal concealed carry in our country. There is much mis-information and wild opinion about this topic among its practitioners and the public in general. The moral, social and legal responsibilities of concealed carry are immense and must be understood and practiced by all who legally carry a gun.

There is also a vast amount of practical and useful information about carrying and the weapons themselves and I hope to be able to share some of that here. Your comments are welcome, but will be moderated by me before appearing on this blog.

Stay safe.

Other Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Remora Micro Clip holster and a laser equipped LCP

I have one of Remora's new Micro Clip holsters. I wanted to test it for fit with a laser sight, and for retention. My personal experience with small Remora holsters is that they don't stay where I put them throughout the day. I tend to carry my LCP in the appendix position. I used to carry cross draw, but I feel the appendix IWB position is more secure, more concealable and faster to access than cross draw. So, wearing the LCP constantly while doing all the things one does during the day which involves a lot of bending and twisting of the trunk, my experience is that a small Remora will move around and needs constant adjustment. I suppose if I really cinched up my Bear Creek gun belt, that might help, but I like comfort so that's not going to happen.

Micro Clip end view

The button protects the snap for the clip on the other side.

The clip unsnapped from the other side.

A size comparison.


The clip can be easily put on either side because of the built in snaps. This has a down side though. The clip swivels. Easily. Put the holster on, clip it to your belt and it can still move back and forth. Of course it won't come out, or off the belt, but it still can and does swivel a bit.

I think this is a good first effort on Remora's part to solve the issue of small holsters not being as secure in place as the larger ones. I carry a Ruger SR9c with a big magazine in Remoras, AIWB (Appendix In Waist Band) with little concern that the gun/holster will move around. It may, slightly, but usually not.

There may be no easy solution to the small holster issue since there is so little contact area to provide enough friction to keep it in place all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment